A friend asked me about finding free pics for a blog. Here are a few suggestions:
1. take your own
Honestly, that’s the easiest and best suggestion. My sister-in-law suggested this to me. She is a photographer but she was right! I’m not the best photographer in the world but it has really allowed me to show more of my world.
2. use free pictures made available by your blog site
WordPress has stock pictures you can use. They have credits already built in. For example, the rooster I posted here is from the free wordpress pics. The down side? Sometimes they are not en point or great but I’ve found some good ones. To make the pictures pop up you have to write a draft so it knows your subject matter. Then the following will pop up on the right hand column: recommended tags, recommendations, including media gallery and related articles.
3. check out free photos on line like Photo Pin
- Blog: Picture Blogging and Reblogging Part 2 (dmkael.wordpress.com)
- Tips for new bloggers (lifeofahousewife.com)
- Zemanta now available on WordPress.com (zemanta.com)
- 5 Great Blogging Apps for the iPad (ipad4life.net)
- Some Best Practices for Good PhotoBlogs (lateaser.wordpress.com)
- How to Design Your Blog: Using Themes Part 2 (blogelina.com)
- What I wish I knew before I started blogging (daughterbydesign.wordpress.com)