My husband and I disagree on pasta and sauce. I swear by red while he prefers white. This lasagna is creamy white and cheesy. It was a big hit in our house. It never made it to the weekend purge of uneaten leftovers!
White Chicken Lasagna
- 9 lasagna noodles (I used regular because I couldn’t find whole wheat)
- 3 cups Alfredo sauce (I used Newman’s Own brand)
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken from grocery store)
- garlic powder
- 3 cups shredded Mozzarella, or cheese of your choice
Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9×13 pan with non-stick spray. Boil 8-10 cups water in a large pot, cook lasagna noodles until al dente. In a medium bowl mix together Alfredo sauce and spices. Pour ½ cup sauce, or just enough to cover the bottom of the pan. Next place a layer of noodles. Next make a layer of chicken. Next cheese. Repeat layers until you reach the top ending with cheese. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted on top. Broil for 5 minutes to make the cheese toasty on top. Serve with homemade salsa (chopped tomatoes, cilantro, onion, lemon juice and salt).
Variations: you could add some ricotta, parmesan, and/or spinach!
- Zucchini Lasagna (livinghealthywithd.wordpress.com)
- Creamy white chicken alfredo lasagna (kimmiecats.wordpress.com)
- White Lasagna for National Lasagna Day (2cookinmamas.wordpress.com)
- Chicken Lasagna, Healthy Twist on an old favourite (circleme.com)
- Roasted Butternut Squash, Spinach, Caramelized Onion, and Chicken Lasagna (losangelesadventure.wordpress.com)
- Chicken and Spinach Lasagna (casadikristensen.wordpress.com)
- Meatless Monday- Veggie Lasagna (mydaughterandi.com)