Jesus is love and we are expected to to try to be like Jesus.
I substituted my name for love in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 and this is what I got:
Karyl is patient, Karyl is kind.
Karyl does not envy, she does not boast, She is not proud.
Karyl does not dishonor others, she is not self-seeking, she is not easily angered, she keeps no record of wrongs.
Karyl does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. She always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Whew! That doesn’t even sound right! I am pretty lacking. I am impatient. I envy. I boast.
What to do?
Go back to the drawing board. Recognize that I am a sinner. (I’m always gonna be a sinner!) Ask God for forgiveness and be full of God’s spirit.
- Add To Your Faith: Love (inspirationalchristiansfortoday.com)
- Love Verse (aprilfulguerinas.wordpress.com)
- “4 Love is pati… (chubbycheeksss.wordpress.com)
- Love is… (anchoredministry.wordpress.com)
- Love (mikeziemlak.wordpress.com)