A co-worker gave me some Kefir grains last week. Kefir is a fermented milk product similar to yogurt. Once you have the “grains” which are a yeast bacteria combination, you cover them with milk and they turn the milk into Kefir.
It’s a pretty cool process and Kefir is very good for you. It colonizes your intestines with healthy bacteria. I also think it’s tasty.
If you can get your hands on some grains, try it!
- Do you have tummy problems?? Then Kefir could be for you! (amshep2013.wordpress.com)
- Very East European: Kefir is a healthy product (romanlosangelez.wordpress.com)
- Fermenting, Good For Gut Health! (yourcorelight.com)
- Beginners Guide to Kefir (livingadditivefree.wordpress.com)
- Kefir culture starters: Healthy drink with delicious flavor (homemadeyogurts.wordpress.com)
- Kefir! (sarahclark.co)