Picture by Shelley Adler
Where is God in relation to addiction? He is there but you are not letting him in.
When I binge, I unconsciously try to remove myself from God. Or else I’m ignoring him. Whatever I am doing I am not focusing on him, aware of him, reaching out to him, open to him.
I am closed to him. I am trying to fill a hole that needs to be filled with him with something else. The only thing that will satisfy is him. So that hole becomes endless when I try to fill it with other things.
Addiction is turning away from the very thing that will truly satisfy.
God can prevent addiction if only you turn to him.
- Together We Are Addicted (stephrecovers1115.wordpress.com)
- I Can’t Help It (bitterworshipper.com)
- Recovery should not become an ideology (addictionandrecoverynews.wordpress.com)
- A Message From “The Family”: On Addiction (randlee.me)
- addiction (kissilent.wordpress.com)
- Addiction is a Lie – Jenny Chang (literaturedrugsmodernity.wordpress.com)
- Behind the eyes of an addict (coymag.wordpress.com)